Foreign key UI bug

From: Aren Cambre <aren(at)arencambre(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Foreign key UI bug
Date: 2010-11-20 03:50:27
Lists: pgadmin-support

I found a UI bug when creating a foreign key.

When creating a primary key, all you have to do is select the column in the
*Columns* tab of the dialog. You don't have to fill out any other fields;
pgadmin appears to take care of this for you.

It seems then that with a foreign key, all you should have to fill out is
fill out the *References* field in the *Properties *tab, then in the *
Columns* tab just select the relevant columns. If I do this and press OK, I
get this error:

*An error has occurred:*
*ERROR: relation "fki_" already exists.*

*
*
If I go back to the *Properties* tab and enter something into the *Name* field,
then press *OK*, it works.

The problem: I don't need to enter anything in the *Name* field of primary
key dialogs, but I do with foreign key dialogs. Can it be consistent where I
don't need to enter a *Name* field of the foreign key, either.

Aren