Re: Limiting the size of log files

From: Amit Soni <get(dot)amitsoni(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Limiting the size of log files
Date: 2010-08-18 09:54:29
Lists: pgsql-novice
I tried this and the limit on the log file size works.

The reason I didn't tried this before is that, I would probably have GB's of
logs and the space consumed on the disk would be same in this case also with
only difference in the number of file. Do we have some kind of pattern that
would repeat itself so that we can have let's say only five log files which
rotate themselves.

Regards,
Amit

--