Re: Asynchronous commit | Transaction loss at server crash

From: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Balkrishna Sharma <b_ki(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Asynchronous commit | Transaction loss at server crash
Date: 2010-05-20 19:35:54
Lists: pgsql-admin

SSD and battery backed cache kind of do the same thing, in that they
reduce random access times close to 0. However, most SSDs are still
not considered reliable due to their internal caching systems. hard
drives and bbu RAID are proven solutions, SSD is still not really
there just yet in terms of being proven reliable.