Re: Postgres DOD Certification Common Criteria Level

From: Kenneth Buckler <kenneth(dot)buckler(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ron Mayer <rm_pg(at)cheapcomplexdevices(dot)com>
Cc: Eric McDonald <norbus(at)hotmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres DOD Certification Common Criteria Level
Date: 2011-01-05 16:08:22
Lists: pgsql-general

I don't believe the EAL certification is valid for the community
version of PostgreSQL.

From the EAL certification report:
"PostgreSQL Certified Version is a relational database management
system, which is applicable to enterprise business. It is an enhanced
version of the open source PostgreSQL and delivered from NTT Data
Corp. PostgreSQL Certified Version runs on Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS
v.4 for x86."

As far as DoD STIG requirements go, I would recommend reviewing the
generic database checklist:
http://iase.disa.mil/stigs/content_pages/database_security.html

It's not much, but it's a start.

Ken