Data Types

From: ALT SHN <i(dot)geografica(at)alt-shn(dot)org>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Data Types
Date: 2010-11-05 15:17:53
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hello List,

I have a column of a table of paleontological sites named "Paleosites" wich
has a column named "species". A paleosite can contain remais of one or more
animals. So in that column sometimes I have to put this: dinossauria
crocodilia plantae. This indicates that from a given paleosite were
retrieved the remais of 3 different species.

Now my question is: wich data type should the column "Species" be? Text?

Thank you in advance,

Best Regards,

André Mano

Associação Leonel Trindade

Apartado 25 2564-909 Torres Vedras Portugal
Sede e Biblioteca: rua Cavaleiros da Espora Dourada, 27A 2560 Torres Vedras

Laboratório de Paleontologia e Paleoecologia: Polígono Industrial do Alto do
Ameal 2565-641 Ramalhal

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Oliveiros d'Azevedo CristinaDate: 2010-11-05 16:40:50