Re: BUG #5931: password when setup

From: Harald Armin Massa <harald(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: mac <wesleygu(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5931: password when setup
Date: 2011-03-21 13:02:24
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> input "postgres" to continue, but at my home, i try "postgres" or
> "postgrespass", it all says "the password specified was incorrect. Please
> enter the correct password for the postgres windows user account", so i
> cant
> continue.
> please help me!
>
> On this computer there is allready a postgres windows user account created.

That user account also has a password.

PLEASE make sure that there is not some allready installed PostgreSQL that
is used for something.
IF you are totally sure that there is not some allready installed / running
/ used PostrgeSQL on that computer, you can:

To solve your immediate problem:
within control panel go to management, users and group, and change the
password of the postgres user account to something you remember.

best wishes

Harald

--
Harald Armin Massa     www.2ndQuadrant.com
PostgreSQL  Training, Services  and Support

2ndQuadrant Deutschland GmbH
GF: Harald Armin Massa
Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 736399