Re: BUG #5931: password when setup

From: Harald Armin Massa <harald(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: mac <wesleygu(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5931: password when setup
Date: 2011-03-21 13:02:24
Lists: pgsql-bugs
> input "postgres" to continue, but at my home, i try "postgres" or
> "postgrespass", it all says "the password specified was incorrect. Please
> enter the correct password for the postgres windows user account", so i
> cant
> continue.
> please help me!
> On this computer there is allready a postgres windows user account created.

That user account also has a password.

PLEASE make sure that there is not some allready installed PostgreSQL that
is used for something.
IF you are totally sure that there is not some allready installed / running
/ used PostrgeSQL on that computer, you can:

To solve your immediate problem:
within control panel go to management, users and group, and change the
password of the postgres user account to something you remember.

best wishes

Harald Armin Massa
PostgreSQL  Training, Services  and Support

2ndQuadrant Deutschland GmbH
GF: Harald Armin Massa
Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 736399