Re: 9.0 Release notes: query on "Allow comments..."

From: Ian Barwick <barwick(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 9.0 Release notes: query on "Allow comments..."
Date: 2010-06-14 02:15:20
Lists: pgsql-docs

> On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 7:48 PM, Ian Barwick <barwick(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> In the section "E.1.3.3. Object Manipulation" there is this item:
>> "Allow comments only on columns of tables, views, and composite
>> types, not other objects like indexes and TOAST tables"
>>
>> I might be misunderstanding something, but as of 9.0b2 comments
>> can still be created for indexes?
>
> You can still comment on the index, but not the columns thereof.

Aha, I see. :enlightenment:

How about something like this to make it clearer (the original
sentence make it sound like comments would be restricted
only to columns of tables, views, and composite types):

"Allow comments on columns only for tables, views, and composite
types, but not for other objects like indexes and TOAST tables"

Regards

Ian Barwick