Re: patch: to_string, to_array functions

From: Brendan Jurd <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: patch: to_string, to_array functions
Date: 2010-08-09 03:06:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Apparently, the message I sent (quoted below) didn't make it to
-hackers. I know that Pavel received the message, as he replied to
it. I'm calling shenanigans on the mailing list server, but in the
meantime, here are those diffs again.

On 31 July 2010 07:37, Brendan Jurd <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi Pavel,
>
> I've reviewed your latest patch (which I refer to as v3 to keep
> continuity with previous versions under the "to_array" naming system).
>
> You didn't quite complete the rename of the functions; in-code
> comments and regression tests still referred to the old names.  I
> cleanup that up for you and also reworded some of the in-code comments
> for clarity.
>
> Otherwise the patch looks good and the functions now work exactly as I
> would expect.
>
> I also went ahead and added some more documentation to explain how
> (im|ex)plode differ from their foo_to_bar counterparts, and what kind
> of behaviour you'll get by specifying the arguments as NULL.
>
> I have attached v4 of the patch against HEAD, and also an incremental
> patch showing just my changes against v3.
>
> I'll mark this as ready for committer.
>
> Cheers,
> BJ

Attachment Content-Type Size
implode_v4.diff.gz application/x-gzip 5.3 KB
implode_v3-to-4.diff.gz application/x-gzip 2.0 KB