Re: [PERFORM] Using more tha one index per table

From: Rob Wultsch <wultsch(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
Cc: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Steve Atkins <steve(at)blighty(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Performance <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [PERFORM] Using more tha one index per table
Date: 2010-07-22 09:09:21
Lists: pgsql-docspgsql-performance
On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 1:35 AM, Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com> wrote:

> On 22/07/10 03:27, Greg Smith wrote:
>
>> Steve Atkins wrote:
>>
>>> If http://postgresql.org/docs/9.0/* were to 302 redirect to
>>> http://postgresql.org/docs/current/* while 9.0 is the current release
>>> (and similarly for 9.1 and so on) I suspect we'd find many more links
>>> to current and fewer links to specific versions after a year or two.
>>>

>> True, but this would leave people with no way to bookmark a permanent
>> link to whatever is the current version, which will represent a
>> regression for how some people want the site to work.
>>

> Having a quick look at the website, a simple change might be to have a
> large "CURRENT MANUALS" link above all the versioned links. That should help
> substantially.
>
> --
>  Richard Huxton
>  Archonet Ltd
>

> --

I suggested a few weeks ago adding a drop down menu for other version of the
manual for a page. I have not had time to write a patch, but I think it is
something that MySQL does better that pg.

As an example take a look at the page on select for MySQL:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/select.html .

If you want a earlier or later version they are easily accessible via a link
on the left.

--
Rob Wultsch
wultsch(at)gmail(dot)com