Re: Execution Plan

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: std pik <stdpik(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org, khld(dot)faroug(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: Re: Execution Plan
Date: 2010-07-23 07:43:27
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hello

2010/7/23 std pik <stdpik(at)gmail(dot)com>:
> Hi all..
> Can any one help me?
> I'd like to know how can we get the following information in
> PostgreSQL:
> Execution plan
> The I/O physical reads and logical reads, CPU consumption, number of
> DB block used, and any other information relevant to performance.
> Taking into consideration that these information could be extracted
> from Oracle by AWR, TKPROF, ...etc.
> Thanks.

It is depend on version of PostgreSQL that you use. In 9.0 you can

EXPLAIN explain (analyze true, buffers true, costs true) select * from
pg_tables;

other useful info are in table pg_stat_user_tables, pg_stat_user_indexes

But for example CPU consumption you can see never - PostgreSQL uses
little bit different methods.

Regards

Pavel Stehule

maybe you searching some like http://pgfouine.projects.postgresql.org/