Re: Issue while using PostgreSql 8.4.

From: Harald Armin Massa <harald(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Atul Kumar <Atul_Kumar(at)persistent(dot)co(dot)in>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Issue while using PostgreSql 8.4.
Date: 2010-12-23 15:28:39
Lists: pgsql-general

Atul,

My issue is, first time I am creating the table and inserting some rows of
> data. After doing some logic going to delete that table . I am observing
> application is getting hang while executing statement.execute().
>

> Please suggest me how to fix this issue.

I am assuming your statement.execute includes something like

"drop table <yourtable>"

did you make ABSOLUTELY sure that no part of your (or any other running)
programm is still "interested" in that table?

as in "maybe some ORM-mapper still has a transaction open into that table"?

Because dropping a locked table has to wait until the lock is gone to
complete. (esp. if there is an implicit commit in your execute; which may or
may not be, depending on your connection-configuration)

Harald

--
Harald Armin Massa www.2ndQuadrant.com