Re: PG-Git usernames

From: Gurjeet Singh <singh(dot)gurjeet(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: PGSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PG-Git usernames
Date: 2010-10-01 14:09:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 10:00 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 15:50, Gurjeet Singh <singh(dot)gurjeet(at)gmail(dot)com>
> wrote:
> > I hope this is the right forum to talk about git.postgresql.org
> >
> > My community login is singh.gurjeet, but our setup seems to not like the
> > special character there; users/singh.gurjeet/postgres is rejected.
> >
> > Would it be a problem if I requested users/gsingh/postgres ? I hope that
> > doesn't cause any trouble with gitweb or anything. Or can it be allowed
> > have the preiod character there?
>
> That should be fine. I'm sure we could adapt the software to allow
> periods, but there is no tie between the directory and the username,
> so you can just use that. Or just "singhgurjeet" without the period.
>
> Or you could just use github which gives you more features at the

> same cost ;)

I like their competitive pricing :) which is why I created a
postgres/postgres fork there and started patching while waiting for this
one.

I was assuming that having a fork here at git.pg and then referring people
to my branches would be more convenient than asking them to check them out
on github. Any merits/demerits you see with github?

Regards,
--
gurjeet.singh
@ EnterpriseDB - The Enterprise Postgres Company

singh(dot)gurjeet(at){ gmail | yahoo }.com
Twitter/Skype: singh_gurjeet

Mail sent from my BlackLaptop device