Re: pgAdmin III: adjust code as per new EDB AS90 functions/procedures semantics

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Nikhil S <nixmisc(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin III: adjust code as per new EDB AS90 functions/procedures semantics
Date: 2011-02-21 16:27:33
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 17:22, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 3:46 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
>>
>> On Feb 21, 2011 3:29 PM, "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks Nikhil.
>>>
>>> Are there any catalog changes with the refactoring, that change the
>>> way parameters are represented that need to be reflected elsewhere in
>>> pgFunction.cpp?
>>>
>>> Also, does anyone object to back-patching this? It's not a bug fix,
>>> but it does mean that we don't support corresponding versions of PPAS
>>> and PG in the same version of pgAdmin which seems undesirable.
>>
>> I wasn't aware they were supposed to be? Is that new, or has it always been?
>
> It's never really come up before, hence why I'm asking :-)

No, I meant is the EDBAS version <x> supposed to "match" community pg
version <x>?

I haven't really looked at it since years ago, where iirc edbas was
somewhere halfway between pg 8.2 and 8.3, and the version number
didn't actually match either one..

>> More to the point - is this the only thing needed to reach compatibility? If
>> so, i guess we can make an exception. If not, then there is no point without
>> doing a bunch of more patches for other things, in which case i will
>> object...
>
> Compatibility; yes, I hope so. Functionality; probably not, but I'm
> not going to suggest we back patch for new features. I'd like for it
> to work without going bang, even if we don't support the latest
> features yet.

Oh yeah, compatibility is all we're discussing here. So in that case,
I'm fine with backpatching it.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/