Re: patch: SQL/MED(FDW) DDL

From: Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: SAKAMOTO Masahiko <sakamoto(dot)masahiko(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: patch: SQL/MED(FDW) DDL
Date: 2010-09-24 03:26:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 12:08 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I think we need to further discuss how this is eventually going to get
> integrated with the query planner and the executor before we commit
> anything.  The syntax support by itself is quite trivial.

There are no active discussions :-( I think the author tried his best, so if
other developers think it's a bad design, alternate plan must be proposed.

Also, if the syntax change is trivial, that's why we merge it at
earlier commitfests. I saw many patch went into "No patch reviewers
because of too large size" syndrome before. DDL changes are 5K
lines of diff -c patch, and "select" part is additional 6K lines.

--
Itagaki Takahiro