Re: Problems with max_connections parameter

From: Jorge Augusto Meira <jmeira(at)c3sl(dot)ufpr(dot)br>
To: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problems with max_connections parameter
Date: 2010-12-06 12:47:53
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Hi

Thanks for the answers.

Really, I didn't showed you basic informations.

I used the PostgreSQL 8.4. The server configuration was:
       Processor: Intel Xeon Processor W3570 Quad Core Processor
       Mem: 20GB
       Network Interface: Gigabit
       HD: 12 x 1 TB (RAID1+0)
       OS: Debian GNU/Linux, kernel 2.6.26-2-64

The client machines has similar configuration.

The error message was:
"Erro Conexão: A tentativa de conexão falhou."
or
"Erro Conexão: FATAL: connection limit exceeded for non-superusers"

I used the logs of my java application used to simulate the clients.

Thanks
Jorge

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov