index scans, reads, fetches

From: Sam Nelson <samn(at)consistentstate(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: index scans, reads, fetches
Date: 2011-02-22 22:59:28
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi list,

We're pulling a number of metrics for a client to help tune their database,
and we had some questions about the stats coming from pg_stat_user_indexes.
Namely, what do we want the growth (when looking at interval values) of
idx_scan, idx_tup_read, and idx_tup_fetch to look like and how do we tune
them?
---
Samuel Nelson
Consistent State