crash on new/open/import project

From: "Richard C(dot) Rath" <rrath(at)hawaii(dot)edu>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: crash on new/open/import project
Date: 2010-10-25 00:34:31
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi, new user of pgadmin. Trying v. 1.2.17 on fresh install of ubuntu 10.10
(maverick).
When I start the program and try to import, open, or create a new project,
pgadmin immediately crashes, giving the following message:

"This application has raised and unexpected error and must abort. [29]
Invalid object. CApp.MenuProjectUpdate.1435.

WHen I start it from console, it types out

> pgdesigner
>
> kbuildsycoca running...
>
> CApp.MenuProjectUpdate.1435: #29: Invalid object
>
> 0: CApp.MenuProjectUpdate.1435
>
> 1: CApp._menuUpdate.327
>
> 2: CApp.ChangeProjectFromIndex.984
>
> 3: CApp._projectCreate.390
>
> 4: CApp.ProjectCreateNew.1566
>
> 5: CApp.MainForm_Click.613
>
> Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy

It is a different message than the linux bug described in the FAQ. Also, I
have no package by the name of gtk-qt-engine available, either installed or
in the repository.

Also a suggestion: on startup, default the focus of the language selector to
[ok] rather than [cancel] and have the program remember the choice.

Thanks,

Hope this is an ok bug report.

Richard C. Rath Associate Professor
Department of History University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa
rrath(at)hawaii(dot)edu www2.hawaii.edu/~rrath