Today we have released the Psycopg 2.3.0 beta 1 testing package.
The 2.3 version introduces several new features to Psycopg:
* dict to hstore adaptation, compatible with both PostgreSQL 9.0
and previous versions
* two-phase commit protocol support as per DBAPI specification
* support for payload in notifications received from the backend
There are other minor changes and improvements, such as:
* an handy namedtuples returning cursor
* more faithful mogrify() results
* errorcodes module updated with the new symbolic constants
introduced in PostgreSQL 9.0
Further details and a list of bug fixes is available in the NEWS file
in the distribution.
We are interested in your feedback as there is still time to improve
the new features if needed. If you have anything to report you can use
our ticket submission form <http://initd.org/psycopg/tracker/> and
follow the discussion on the issue tracker.
The announcement on the Psycopg website contains lot of links if you
want to take a look at some of the new features in detail:
pgsql-announce by date
|Next:||From: David Fetter||Date: 2010-11-08 07:01:40|
|Subject: == PostgreSQL Weekly News - November 07 2010 ==|
|Previous:||From: Francisco Figueiredo Jr.||Date: 2010-11-06 01:16:01|
|Subject: Npgsql 2.0.11 released!|