Re: Documentation

From: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Documentation
Date: 2010-09-27 08:17:39
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On 27 September 2010 09:06, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 10:00, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
>> On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 9:50 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
>> <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
>>>
>>> See
>>> http://developer.pgadmin.org/~guillaume/pgadmin_docs/_build/html/index.html.
>>>
>>> It took me three hours to manually convert the current documentation.
>>> There is also a possibility to change the theme. I'll try to do it on my
>>> laptop.
>>
>> Wow, that was quick (and unexpected!). There's some weirdness here,
>
> Indeed. Nice job!
>

>> but maybe that's just a markup issue:
>>
>> http://developer.pgadmin.org/~guillaume/pgadmin_docs/_build/html/connect.html#connect
>
> I notice some weirdness on
> http://developer.pgadmin.org/~guillaume/pgadmin_docs/_build/html/pgagent-install.html
> as well:
>
> 1) I get scrollbars on all the "highlighted areas", that scrolls
> exactly 1 pixel. Probably a CSS issue?

If you remove the ability to scroll the overflow, text on some pages,
or small screens, will flow outside the container.

> 2) If I do view source to figure out why, I notice they have class
> "highlight-python" - is there something that should be set to make it
> not call it python? (I haven't investigated what it actually means
> yet, no :P)

The highlight-python class has no bearing on style as nothing refers
to that class in any CSS file. You can safely rename it, but it will
have no visual effect.

But great work Guillaume :) Very slick. And I see you've also
updated the screenshots too, so it includes the mystery history box!
:D (although no textual references to it ATM)

--
Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion