Re: Complier warnings on mingw gcc 4.5.0

From: Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Hiroshi Inoue <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Complier warnings on mingw gcc 4.5.0
Date: 2010-11-02 02:10:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 8:43 AM, Hiroshi Inoue <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:
> The problem which was fixed by your old patch is at runtime not
> at compilation time. Is it fixed with gcc 4.5?

Now it works as far as simple test, including core functions and
dynamic modules. So, I think the fix for dllexport is safe enough
for mingw gcc 4.5.

BTW, with out without the above fix, regression test failed with
weird error if the server is built with gcc 4.5. However, server
can run if I started it manually with PGPORT or -o "--port=X".
We might need another fix for the issue.
----
LOG: database system was shut down at 2010-11-02 10:32:13 JST
LOG: database system is ready to accept connections
LOG: autovacuum launcher started
FATAL: parameter "port" cannot be changed without restarting the server
(repeated)
----

--
Itagaki Takahiro