Re: Git configuration

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Git configuration
Date: 2010-07-25 09:50:03
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 8:40 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> Le 24/07/2010 19:41, Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> Magnus added a check of the commiter so that only one email address is
>> usable for a commit. It works great. But I have one issue. The only
>> address I can use is my work one (dalibo.com). I would prefer to use my
>> personal one because that's the one already on the other commits. But if
>> it's not possible, I don't care. But if we stay with my work email
>> address, all my commits don't get through the mailing list. I have to
>> moderate them.
>>
>> So, there is at least one thing to do:
>>
>>  * accept my personal email address for commits
>>
>> or
>>
>>  * add my work email address in a whitelist for the mailing list
>>
>> I prefer the first solution, but I won't object if we choose the second one.

Don't blame Magnus - it was me. Per our IM conversation I've changed
the address.

> BTW, it forces us to stop using --author command line option. I would
> prefer if we could keep using it. I know the PostgreSQL folks don't want
> it already, but should we follow their view on this?

No, that doesn't. We have 2 things setup on the repo:

Policy enforcement: This ensures that you always commit using the
correct email address
Commit messages: This sens the commit message to the list. The script
is currently using the Author address as the sender, which I'm going
to look at fixing to use the Committer address.

The way it was setup, was that your policy approved address wasn't
subscribed to the mailing list.

--
Dave Page
The Enterprise Postgres Company