Fwd: pgstatspack version?

From: Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql novice forum <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Eric Comeau <Eric(dot)Comeau(at)signiant(dot)com>, Machiel Richards <machielr(at)rdc(dot)co(dot)za>
Subject: Fwd: pgstatspack version?
Date: 2010-12-25 20:48:20
Lists: pgsql-novice
[Oops, forgot to CC the list]

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 1:33 AM, Eric Comeau <Eric(dot)Comeau(at)signiant(dot)com> wrote:
> I am also interested in running pgstatspack on 81, so any progress
> please let me know. Thanks Josh for kicking the tires on it to give it a
> try.

I had a minute to give this package another look today. Seems like it
works fine if you just fix up sql/pgstats_exists.sql to not use the
VALUES (...) statement (new version attached).

You'll also get some errors from sql/pgstatspack_create_tables.sql,
since that file uses DROP TABLE IF EXISTS which isn't available in
8.1. But those errors shouldn't break anything; those SQL files are
(probably unwisely) not run inside a transaction, so you'll just see
some error messages about those tables not existing.

Anyways, it looks like pgstatspack_snap() works fine for me on 8.1.23
after these minor changes. There are a whole bunch of other rough
edges in the install procedure and documentation which I'd like to
have fixed as well. Unfortunately, two of the three developers' email
addresses in the README are broken, and the third (Uwe Bartels) has an
auto-responder message saying he's away till February. I don't know if
it's worth forking the project for a while to clean up the code until
the developers return, but perhaps that's the only way to go.

Josh