Re: Alpha4 release blockers (was Re: wrapping up this CommitFest)

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Rémi Zara <remi_zara(at)mac(dot)com>, Stefan Huehner <stefan(at)huehner(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Alpha4 release blockers (was Re: wrapping up this CommitFest)
Date: 2011-03-07 20:00:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 2:43 PM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>> At the risk of hijacking this thread to talk about the subject of this
>> thread, when are we going to cut alpha4?
>
> Well, a prerequisite for cutting an alpha is closing the commitfest,
> which at this point reduces to deciding what we are going to do with
> the plpython traceback patch.
>
> Other than that, I think we're pretty close.

AFAIK, there's nothing particularly special about that patch, other
than that the author chose to move it back from Returned with Feedback
to some other status. I think we should just pick a time to wrap some
time in the next day or two, and it either makes it or it doesn't.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company