Re: BUG #5547: not able to connect to postgres through the oracle using Linux ODBC driver for Postgres

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: Hemanth <hxkuma5(at)qwest(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5547: not able to connect to postgres through the oracle using Linux ODBC driver for Postgres
Date: 2010-07-09 07:50:44
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 4:03 AM, Craig Ringer
<craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au> wrote:
> On 8/07/2010 10:40 PM, Hemanth wrote:
>>
>> The following bug has been logged online:
>>
>> Bug reference:      5547
>> Logged by:          Hemanth
>> Email address:      hxkuma5(at)qwest(dot)com
>> PostgreSQL version: 8.4
>> Operating system:   Linux
>> using
>> Linux ODBC driver for Postgres
>> Details:
>>
>> I am able to install Linux ODBC driver for Postgres successfully. i am
>> able
>> to connect to the postgres using demo in the driver.
>> but not able to connect to the postgres using the same username and
>> password
>> from DB LINK created b/w postgres and oracle .
>
> I wonder if there's any way to have the bug report form de-duplicate posts
> based on similar/identical text in sequential submissions.

Not without starting down the path of writing a full blown bug
tracker. The current form just assigns a number from a sequence and
then forwards the text to the mailing list. None of the contents are
stored in the database.

--
Dave Page
The Enterprise Postgres Company