Re: postgres 9 streaming replication

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alex Lai <alai(at)sesda2(dot)com>
Cc: "Khadtare, Sharad" <sharad(dot)khadtare(at)teamaol(dot)com>, "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postgres 9 streaming replication
Date: 2011-03-24 12:13:44
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 9:07 PM, Alex Lai <alai(at)sesda2(dot)com> wrote:
> I have no idea why I keep getting the message:\
>  could not connect to the primary server: FATAL:  no pg_hba.conf entry for
> replication connection from host "slave_server_ip", user
> "my_super_user_name"

Can you connect from slave to master by the following command?

psql "replication=1" -h <slave_ip> -p 5432 -U <my_user_name>

If successful, the settings in recovery.conf would be wrong.
Otherwise, I guess that the setting in pg_hba.conf of the master would
be wrong. Did you reload the configuration files? What happens if you
use "all" keyword instead of specifying the real user name? What happens
if you use "0.0.0.0/0" instead of specifying the slave's ip? You would need
to do trial and error approach.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao