Re: Email notification pgAgent

From: Jasmin Dizdarevic <jasmin(dot)dizdarevic(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Email notification pgAgent
Date: 2010-12-29 18:55:38
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Hi,

I've made the necessary changes to pgAdmin, but how do we handle schema
version conflicts?
pgAdmin's job UI now will not work with pgAgent schema version 3, because of
the changes in pgagent.pga_job table. I think we have two possibilities:

1. Disable editing Jobs in pgAdmin until a schema upgrade is done
2. Check schema version during GetUpdateSql and GetInsertSql and return two
different versions of the statement.

What do you think?

I've got another two topics to discuss about pgAgent:

1. Step ordering
    I suggest adding a column named "jstorder" to pgagent.pga_jobsteps, so
we don't have to rename the steps "A_", "B_" if an ordering is required. In
the GUI we would add an integer field to the "Change Step" mask.
2. Definition from File
    Add an extra job step type "SQL from file". The definition field would
be treated as a path to a file, which contains SQL-Statements.

Please let me know what you (all of you) think about the suggested features.

Regards,
Jasmin