Re: Propose Beta3 for July

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Propose Beta3 for July
Date: 2010-06-28 19:29:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 3:23 PM, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:

>> At PGCon, the plan we discussed was to branch the tree on 7/1 and
>> start the next CommitFest on 7/15.  If beta3 is going to happen
>> relatively close to the beginning of July, it might make sense to
>> create the new branch just after we wrap beta3.  But if we're not
>> going to wrap beta3 until mid-July, then we need another plan.  But I
>> *really* don't want to wait that long.
>
> Well, do you consider 7/8 to be mid-July or "close to the beginning"?

7/8 would be about the last date I'd consider reasonable, given a CF
starting 7/15.  I would prefer a few days earlier, but I'm not sure
how much of a vote I get considering that I'm not actively involved in
the release process or the packaging of installers.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company