comment needs to be updated for HS?

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: comment needs to be updated for HS?
Date: 2010-05-12 19:20:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers
postmaster.c contains the following comment just above the definition
of PMState.  It appears to be out of date:

 * After reaching a consistent point in WAL redo, startup process signals
 * us again, and we switch to PM_RECOVERY_CONSISTENT state. There's currently
 * no difference between PM_RECOVERY and PM_RECOVERY_CONSISTENT, but we
 * could start accepting connections to perform read-only queries at this
 * point, if we had the infrastructure to do that.

The next paragraph has what I believe to be the correct information:

 * Normal child backends can only be launched when we are in PM_RUN or
 * PM_RECOVERY_CONSISTENT state.  (We also allow launch of normal

I am happy to fix this but thought SImon or Heikki or Tom might like
to either (a) jump in and do it themselves or (b) tell me if I've
misunderstood the situation.  If neither of those is the case then I
will go ahead and fix it.

Thanks,

--
Robert Haas