Re: Firebird To postgresql migration help needed

From: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: mnavahan <mnavahan(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Firebird To postgresql migration help needed
Date: 2010-06-05 04:48:22
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 10:24 PM, mnavahan <mnavahan(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

> Scott Marlowe-2 wrote:

>>> seems goods .... i need try to it ...

>>> YES .... how do it ?
>>
>> It's not really doable.  However, it's possible that what you're
>> trying to accomplish (big picture) is.  What is it that you're trying
>> to accomplish with connect / disconnect triggers?
>>

> yes really need it !
> also need for transaction !

OK, but what do you need it to do, why are you doing it? I can't
offer possible alternatives if I don't know why you're trying to do
it. Do you want the user to have certain schemas in their search
path? Set values for random_page_cost? Set logging to a certain
level? All of those things can be done without a trigger.

Are you wanting to log access from a user? More detail gets better answers.