Default ODBC settings

From: Jonathan Foy <thefoy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Default ODBC settings
Date: 2010-05-21 15:52:15
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello

I think I already know the answer to this, but thought I'd double check in
case I missed something.

Shy of editing the default values in dlg_specific.h and recompiling, is
there any way to specify default data source settings? I see a reference to
INI_DSN, which seems to be default settings if you create a data source
using the GUI (which I don't do, I manually edit the odbc.ini file), but
even then it would put these default settings in the newly created odbc.ini
data source settings I take it...?

I have hundreds of data sources in the ini file and I was hoping to avoid
duplicating the identical setups in each entry, having the data source
specific settings override any such defaults. I can edit the header file to
do this, but then whenever I update I would have to redo those edits. Which
isn't terrible, but I would like to avoid it if I could.

So...am I missing something or does this functionality not currently exist?

Thanks,