Re: Please provide stable target anchors

From: Daniele Varrazzo <daniele(dot)varrazzo(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Please provide stable target anchors
Date: 2010-07-21 02:16:38
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 11:01 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net> wrote:
> On tor, 2010-07-08 at 20:01 +0100, Daniele Varrazzo wrote:
>> I can surely provide you a list, there are just a dozen of them (I'll
>> tell you which ones later, now I can't). But then I should bother you
>> every time I need a new link, or write a patch for it and wait for it
>> to be applied and then for the result to be rendered and published on
>> /docs... so I thought generating all of them programmatically would
>> improve the docs quality and would be a better solution for the
>> future.
>
> Sure, if you have an idea how to do that.

Attached there is a patch adding an id to the indexterms currently
referred by psycopg documentation, to be applied to the current head.
However I've tried to render the html docs with the head itself and I
see anchors are not generated anymore, while they are generated by the
makefile shipped in 8.4.4. Is this a decision or it just happened? In
the former case there is no point in applying the patch then.

I've also played with good results with a script to inject ids in all
the indexterm, but if the decision is to not provide anchors in the
middle of the page I think you wouldn't be interested in it.

Regards.

-- Daniele

Attachment Content-Type Size
psycopg-anchors.patch text/x-patch 4.2 KB