May Meeting in one week: Normalization!

From: gabrielle <gorthx(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Postgresql PDX_Users <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: May Meeting in one week: Normalization!
Date: 2010-05-13 19:45:30
Lists: pdxpug
When:  7pm Thursday, May 20
Where:  FreeGeek
Who:  Melissa Hollingsworth
What:  Normalization!

Normalization is a tool, not a goal.  We'll talk about when and why to
apply it, do a bog-standard overview of the normal forms requirements,
and take a look at how careful denormalization can improve performance
without hosing the data model's sustainability.

This talk will also feature a new ruleset for those who wish to play
the PDXPUG Normalization Drinking Game.  BYO if you can.

After the meeting, we will adjourn to the Lucky Lab.

See you there!

gabrielle

pdxpug by date

Next:From: Mark WongDate: 2010-05-18 13:57:24