Re: performance on new linux box

From: Ryan Wexler <ryan(at)iridiumsuite(dot)com>
To: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: Eliot Gable <egable+pgsql-performance(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org, Andy Colson <andy(at)squeakycode(dot)net>
Subject: Re: performance on new linux box
Date: 2010-07-08 16:31:32
Lists: pgsql-performance
Thanks a lot for all the comments.  The fact that both my windows box and
the old linux box both show a massive performance improvement over the new
linux box seems to point to hardware to me.  I am not sure how to test the
fsync issue, but i don't see how that could be it.

The raid card the server has in it is:
3Ware 4 Port 9650SE-4LPML RAID Card

Looking it up, it seems to indicate that it has BBU

The only other difference between the boxes is the postgresql version.  The
new one has 8.4-2 from the yum install instructions on the site:

Any more thoughts?

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 8:02 AM, Kevin Grittner