Re: locking issue on simple selects?

From: Tobias Brox <tobixen(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: locking issue on simple selects?
Date: 2010-09-15 19:07:24
Lists: pgsql-performance

On 15 September 2010 15:39, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> An exclusive lock will block selects too.  Have you looked into pg_locks
> for ungranted lock requests?

Well - I thought so, we have a logging script that logs the content of
the pg_locks table, it didn't log anything interesting but it may be a
problem with the script itself. It does an inner join on
pg_locks.relation = pg_class.oid but when I check now this join seems
to remove most of the rows in the pg_locks table. Does it make sense
at all to join pg_class with pg_locks? I will ask the sysadm to
change to an outer join as for now.