Re: Additional options for Sync Replication

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Additional options for Sync Replication
Date: 2011-03-28 12:54:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 1:14 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> but there is certainly no
> open item for adding additional sync rep modes.

In your opinion.

We will have to live with the UI for a long time, yes. I'm trying to
get it right, whether that includes adding an obvious/easy omission or
renaming things to make better sense.

Your other changes make this sensible, and feedback I received after a
recent presentation tells me that people will expect it to work with
the two additional options.

I would prefer further feedback before solidifying this design, but if
we must solidify it now, then I prefer to do that with all 5 options.
As originally submitted for this commit fest.