ERROR: invalid input syntax for integer: ""

From: kevin burdish <bigswifty00000(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ERROR: invalid input syntax for integer: ""
Date: 2010-09-23 15:45:27
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello!

I've been sweating over this for a few hours now, and hope someone can help

T*his is the error I get for this sql with the comment removed, I believe
because some of the rows contain empty strings ...*
*
*
*
How can I get the outer join whether or not the l.assetid is an empty
string?
Thanks in advance!

ERROR: invalid input syntax for integer: ""

********** Error **********

ERROR: invalid input syntax for integer: ""
SQL state: 22P02

*

select l.logid,date_trunc('second',logtime) AS
date,l.detail,l.status,l.logtype,l.assetid, e.parententityid,e.address
from pxlog l -- , pxentity e
LEFT OUTER JOIN pxentity e ON ( l.assetid::BIGINT ) = e.entityid
where l.logid >= 99999
-- AND l.assetid != ''
order by l.logid
limit 10;