Re: RETURNING id problem with insert.

From: - <grandebuzon(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: RETURNING id problem with insert.
Date: 2010-12-07 22:05:07
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

With this code, *always returns 1* instead of new generated ID

<insert id="insertNewItem" parameterType="itemAlias"
useGeneratedKeys="true" keyProperty="item_id">
INSERT INTO items (
category_id,
description,
...)
VALUES(
#{category_id},
#{description},
...)
</insert>

and if I put RETURNING item_id at the end of insert,

VALUES(
#{category_id},
#{description},
...) RETURNING item_id

</insert>

fails with error in the postgres log - syntax error at or near "RETURNING"

$13,
$14)
RETURNING item_id RETURNING *