Re: Select query ignores index on large table

From: Michael Kemanetzis <michael(dot)kemanetzis(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: depesz(at)depesz(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Select query ignores index on large table
Date: 2011-01-28 12:57:45
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks, it did help. Now queries run in zero time.
I had thought of doing that....but since the same configuration was working
ok on MSSQL I thought it should also here.
Now with that index the server query times are a lot faster than MSSQL
without it.

Since it is working I will leave it like that. At least till I know more on
how postgre behaves (and databases in general) with indexes.

Thanks again!