Backing up several databases

From: JORGE MALDONADO <jorgemal1960(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Backing up several databases
Date: 2011-03-07 18:18:54
Lists: pgsql-novice

I have several PostgreSQL databases in a server. Please recommend a
procedure to get a backup of each one of them automatically. I would like to
run a backup process from Monday to Sunday so I can have 7 backups for each
DB.

pgAdmin III is a good choice to perform this task manually but my
application hosts one database per client and, in the long run, it would be
inefficient to do it this way. I guess that having a pg_dump command for
each database running in a batch file could be an answer but I wonder if
there is any disadvantage doing it this way. Also, I do not know if pg_dump
commands can be run in a batch file.

Respectfully,
Jorge Maldonado