Re: seg fault crashed the postmaster

From: Gordon Shannon <gordo169(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: seg fault crashed the postmaster
Date: 2011-01-01 01:55:58
Lists: pgsql-general
Unfortunately it's now impossible to say how many were updated, as they get
deleted by another process later. I may be able to restore part of a dump
from 2 days ago on another machine, and get some counts from that, assuming
I have the disk space.  I'll work on that.

I do not believe there could have been more than 2 concurrent updates
because the app is limited to 2 threads, but I will verify that with the

On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 3:43 PM, Tom Lane-2 [via PostgreSQL] <
> wrote:

> No luck here either.  A couple further questions --- do you think it's
> likely that you could have been over 10000 matches, ie, the LIMIT
> actually kicked in?  Also, could there have been more than two
> concurrent updates acting on the same rows?

Sent from the PostgreSQL - general mailing list archive at