Re: how to compile psycopg2 on windows?

From: Daniele Varrazzo <daniele(dot)varrazzo(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Bright Pan <loststriker(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: how to compile psycopg2 on windows?
Date: 2011-01-09 12:52:29
Lists: psycopg
On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 7:45 AM, Bright Pan <loststriker(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> i compiled pscopg2 2.3.2 and install successful, but the error is happen:
> ImportError: DLL load failed.
> i find the file _psycopg.pyd is only 127KB, but official package on windows
> is 1MB .
> the following is my compiling step:
> python build_ext -c mingw32 install

Probably you have built a library dynamically linked to the libpq,
whereas the Jason packages have the libpq statically linked. The
setting can be configured using the static_libpq setting in the

This of course doesn't solve all the issues of the Windows build. I
know Jason is polishing the build system he uses for his packages,
which is not a trivial one as he also builds the libpq and the ssl
libs together with psycopg. I hope good news should come from him,
also about the issue #20 :)

What Python version are you using anyway? I remember building with up
to Python 2.5 was an easy task using this bundle [1], but with Python
2.6 I found problems, maybe related to the issue #3308 [2]

-- Daniele