Re: Runnning operating system commands from an SPL

From: Atif Jung <atifjung(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andreas Kretschmer <akretschmer(at)spamfence(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Runnning operating system commands from an SPL
Date: 2010-06-17 15:19:20
Lists: pgsql-novice

Sorry I don't understand. I am porting over some stored procedures from
INFORMIX to POSTGRES. Some seem to port over OK, but the first problem I am
encountering is the lack of SYSTEM command in POSTGRES.

I don't understand what you mean by using an untrusted programming language.
The stored procedure is written in PL/pgSQL, are you suggesting to rewrite
it in PERL, excuse me for my ignorance.

Thanks

Atif