Re: pgcrypto links

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgcrypto links
Date: 2010-08-13 18:19:33
Lists: pgsql-docs
On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 1:56 PM, Kevin Grittner
> Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> I don't think the index entry you've added to pgcrypto is very
>> appropriate, considering that there is a section with *exactly
>> that name* in runtime.sgml.
> That was intentional.  Did you look at what it generated on the
> index page?

/me blushes

> | encryption, Encryption Options
> |     for specific columns, pgcrypto
> It seems to me that's a good thing, and we should do more of it.

Hmm, I think you might be right.  Anyone want to object?

>> As for the reference from runtime.sgml to pgcrypto, how about
>> adding it inline, as in the attached?
> Absolutely.  I wanted to do that, but failed to figure out how.  Now
> I know.

There's an easy-to-overlook file called README.links that is worth
reading, if unlike me you can remember where it is the next time
you're trying to do this sort of thing.

Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company