Re: pgcrypto links

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgcrypto links
Date: 2010-08-13 18:19:33
Lists: pgsql-docs
On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 1:56 PM, Kevin Grittner
> Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> I don't think the index entry you've added to pgcrypto is very
>> appropriate, considering that there is a section with *exactly
>> that name* in runtime.sgml.
>
> That was intentional.  Did you look at what it generated on the
> index page?

/me blushes

> | encryption, Encryption Options
> |     for specific columns, pgcrypto
>
> It seems to me that's a good thing, and we should do more of it.

Hmm, I think you might be right.  Anyone want to object?

>> As for the reference from runtime.sgml to pgcrypto, how about
>> adding it inline, as in the attached?
>
> Absolutely.  I wanted to do that, but failed to figure out how.  Now
> I know.

There's an easy-to-overlook file called README.links that is worth
reading, if unlike me you can remember where it is the next time
you're trying to do this sort of thing.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company