Re: Problem serving one-click installer to Syria

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "M(dot) Bashir Al-Noimi" <admin(at)mbnoimi(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Problem serving one-click installer to Syria
Date: 2010-06-15 20:35:47
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-www

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 6:55 PM, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:

> Speaking from having dealt with this at Sun: it's not just crypto code.
>  It's any goods at all, paid or not.  EDB cannot remove their block.
> Welcome to the Brave New World.

Oh, that would make more sense. I've been reading the government info
on registering crypto downloads, but that seems to be a requirement
for any export, not just to embargoed countries, which didn't tally up
with what I'm told the feds required of us.

> The answer would be for the community to mirror the one-click installers
> on a non-US server.  This should, preferably, be done by community
> members who neither work for EDB nor are Americans and without any
> active cooperation from EDB.

And would need to be on a server other than ftp.postgresql.org.

--
Dave Page
The Enterprise Postgres Company