Re: JDBC4 with SQLXML and postgresql-8.4-702.jdbc4.jar

From: Michael musset <mickamusset(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: JDBC4 with SQLXML and postgresql-8.4-702.jdbc4.jar
Date: 2010-10-23 11:42:08
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
One thing that i regret about SQLXML object, is that you can't do at the
same time :

1) get an SQLXML Object from a resultset
2) modify It
3) update the SQLXML Object to the resultset
4) updaterow

I've tried this :

// retrieve an SQLXML object from the ResultSet:
SQLXML sqlxml = resultSet.getSQLXML(1); // 1 is the column index
// obtain DOM tree from SQLXML object:
DOMSource source = sqlxml.getSource(DOMSource.class);

// create document object from DOMSource:
Document document = (Document) source.getNode();

modify the document here

resultSet.setSQLXML(1,sqlxml );
resultSet.updaterow();

but it doesn't work.

If someone is interesting about getting data and updating data in xml.

my method is to get a string from my xml.
parse it
modify the data

and :

SQLXML sqlxml = con.createSQLXML();
DOMResult domResult=sqlxml.setResult(DOMResult.class)
domResult.setNode(xmldocumentDOM);
stmt.setSQLXML(1, sqlxml);
stmt.execute();

It's work .... but it's not beautiful ......

anyway, thank for the help !

--
Michael Musset,
Tel: 06 26 06 29 89