Re: Keywords files

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Keywords files
Date: 2010-12-29 16:40:49
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 14:55, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 11:54 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
>> We haven't updated the keywords.cpp file for ages. In fact, so long
>> ago that the instructions are incorrect.
>>
>> Recent versions of postgresql installs the list of keywords in
>> kwlist.h. That requires PostgreSQL 8.4 or later.
>>
>> How old versions of the PostgreSQL *source* do we accept building
>> against? Couldn't we just switch to using this include file instead,
>> thus saying you need 8.4 or later to build? (it should still *run*
>> against earlier versions just fine..)
>
> Iirc, we need 8.3 (or whichever version included pgconninfoparse). I'm
> fine with moving to using the new include file - iirc, most distros
> have an 8.4 build now.

That turned out to be a bit more work than I thought, mainly because
there were EnterpriseDB and Greenplum keywords included in the pgadmin
list - which was only documented in one of the two places where they
occurred :-)

Anyway, attached is a patch that I believe does this right. If you
prefer an easier view, see
https://github.com/mhagander/pgadmin3/compare/master...keywords

Does this look ok?

It does move the keyword definitions out of the header and into
keywords.cpp - but they aren't used anywhere.. So in general, I'm
fairly confident with it...

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/