Re: Bug in master when refreshing constraints node (though only when collapsed and with --enable-debug)

From: Peter Geoghegan <peter(dot)geoghegan86(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bug in master when refreshing constraints node (though only when collapsed and with --enable-debug)
Date: 2011-01-31 22:43:14
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On 31 January 2011 21:22, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
> A couple of thoughts:
>
> - I committed a fix for a *very* similar issue (the same assertion)
> here: http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=pgadmin3.git;a=commitdiff;h=9ec6b29fe3fbd9cc196d5e91b55f3697f02bcad8
>
> - Magnus reported another similar issue when refreshing an *expanded*
> "Tables" node: http://archives.postgresql.org/pgadmin-hackers/2011-01/msg00157.php

Sorry, I meant only when it was expanded, so it's even more similar.
I've checked, and I can reproduce this on "Tables", "Columns",
"Sequences", "Catalogs", "Schemas", "Tablespaces" and perhaps more.

> The same issue perhaps? Can you track it down with the clues in the
> earlier fix and the referenced wxWidgets bug?

I'll try.

I've gone all the way back to last February 3rd, just shy of a year
ago, to see if the problem is present there. I'm afraid that it is. I
then went back to May 11 the year before. Once again, the problem is
there.

I find it very hard to believe that the problem has been around for
that long, and that only myself and Magnus have noticed it in all that
time. Seems more like a wxWidgets or GTK+ bug.

--
Regards,
Peter Geoghegan