Stored Procedures

From: JORGE MALDONADO <jorgemal1960(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Stored Procedures
Date: 2011-02-28 20:00:24
Lists: pgsql-novice
I am starting to develop an application and I am considering to use stored
procedures. Is there a performance penalty for implementing many DB
operations with stored procedures? For example, if my app has 50 tables, is
it a good idea to write store procedures for inserting, deleting and
updating data for all of them? What if, additionally, I include stored
procedures for information retrieval (SELECT statements)? What would be a
good criteria to decide how far to go with stored procedures?

With respect,
Jorge Maldonado

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Jean-Yves F. BarbierDate: 2011-02-28 21:16:36