Re: Tab completion for view triggers in psql

From: Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy(at)gmail(dot)com>, PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Tab completion for view triggers in psql
Date: 2010-11-30 08:48:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 12:21, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org> wrote:
> Please find attached a patch changing both this and "updateable" to
> "updatable," also per the very handy git grep I just learned about :)

I think the patch has two issues to be fixed.

It expands all tables (and views) in tab-completion after INSERT,
UPDATE, and DELETE FROM. Is it an intended change? IMHO, I don't
want to expand any schema because my console is filled with system
tables and duplicated tables with or without schema names :-( .

(original)
=# INSERT INTO [tab]
information_schema. pg_temp_1. pg_toast_temp_1. tbl
pg_catalog. pg_toast. public.

(patched)
=# INSERT INTO [tab]
Display all 113 possibilities? (y or n)

Also, event names are not completed after INSTEAD OF:

=# CREATE TRIGGER trg BEFORE [tab]
DELETE INSERT TRUNCATE UPDATE
=# CREATE TRIGGER trg INSTEAD OF [tab]
(no candidates)