Restore times

From: Alastair Turner <bell(at)ctrlf5(dot)co(dot)za>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Restore times
Date: 2010-09-08 09:05:35
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Hi

I had a converstion yesterday suggesting Postgres to an organisation
who are evaluating databases for a rewrite of their internal admin
applications. One issue which is very important to them which I don't
have any useful stats on is time taken to restore backups. Their main
database is in the 200-300GB size range and I just don't have anything
that size in production. Does anyone have stats on the time taken to
restore a database in that size range which they are willing to share?

Thanks

Bell.